AC Drive China Forum
Forum » General Discussion » ebay...or where/how to sell used automation equipment?
Topics: ebay...or where/how to sell used automation equipment? on General Discussion
Start by
Declan McEvoy
01-04-2014 02:46 AM

ebay...or where/how to sell used automation equipment?

Hi All,
I am hoping to sell some used automation equipment... VSD's (invertors) PLC's, logic blocks and some pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and that kind of equipment...it's mostly about 10years old and probably not worth so much but I'm wondering would e-bay be the best place or is there a better way to target a more specific market? Any thoughts?
Kind Regards...
01-04-2014 05:05 AM
Top #2
Eric Roberts
01-04-2014 05:05 AM
You might want to check out www.plccenter.com under the services tab at top there is a selection to sell new or used surplus to them. They also pay the freight
01-04-2014 07:27 AM
Top #3
Victor Blake
01-04-2014 07:27 AM
FYI, PLCCENTER also lists many (but not all) of their holdings on eBay as well. I believe PLC Center does buy some equipment (I've never sold to them), but also sells consignment for higher ticket items.
01-04-2014 10:14 AM
Top #4
Ted Thayer, PMP, MBA
01-04-2014 10:14 AM
I used ebay initially and some of my smaller "component-y" product (couple of brick-style micro PLCs) sold quickly, while my better hardware, like a 15" HMI didn't get a single bid. Everything was sold to plccenter.com. The gentleman above is correct, they will pay for freight. Just be prepared to be shocked at how little they will offer, but it will be better than having the hardware laying around
Reply to Thread