AC Drive China Forum
Forum » PLC - Programmable Logic Controller » What's the great PLC system you think?
Topics: What's the great PLC system you think? on PLC - Programmable Logic Controller
Start by
Okis
08-15-2012 03:59 AM

What's the great PLC system you think?

I really like the FX3UC series PLCs, the're compact, fast and easy to integrate with custom made electronics. Systems that I used to design with a micro controller and some form of display and input system, are much easier and quicker to realize with the FX3UC and a GOT1000 terminal. It cuts down heaps of design time!
08-15-2012 04:00 AM
Top #2
Paul
08-15-2012 04:00 AM
I would go with you as personally i have extensively worked on FX platform & lately did some cascaded PID control using Q02ph & Beijer E series display.
The speed & the flexibility in Q is really unbeatable.I had used USB port for programming PLC and RS 232 port for HMI connectivity & UJ71 C24N for SCADA connectivity.
ALL three were used at the same time with the same PC ,it was really great configuration to work on with the scan time of about 1ms.Q is really powerful.
08-15-2012 04:01 AM
Top #3
Josce
08-15-2012 04:01 AM
I have some years experience working with Mitsubishi PLC. FX3U series's really a powerful controller for small system/ specific machines (under 300 points) exam.: packaging machine, lift, water treatment, simple motion... It seems like a perfect solution for some applications because of large memory, high speed processing, a huge number of applied instructions, many function modules...
However, I think it still have some limitations like: can't create multi-programs in one project, lack of built-in Ethernet/USB port for programming ( take time to prepare a RS-422 programming cable), low battery capacity, common networks supported only MODBUS (CC-link module is expensive), wireless com., data logging, oriented application such as: power monitor, power control by schedule or demand.
I heart about L-Series is middle level between FX and Q, I've never chance to use it yet.
08-15-2012 04:02 AM
Top #4
Toshki
I did find the other day a CANbus interface for the FX2N and FX3U series. I want to do some experimenting with that as it looks promising. MODBUS is relatively slow and need to poll all the time, while CAN is (or should be) much faster and can send data without a host having to ask for it. Anybody experience with CAN and FX2N/FX3U series?
Top #5
Teso
FX3G is equipped a USB port and seems like FX1N advanced. Anyway, Mitsubishi has been successful with FX series, over 10 million FX hardwares sold in the world. That mean they're really powerful controllers for machine automation.

I have some experiences in Modbus configuration with QCPU. About CAN Bus, I just read document when I programed PIC18 of Microchip. I think the same protocol, only complicated in config. Thanks.
Reply to Thread