AC Drive China Forum
Forum » AC Drives » Phase current sensing using AD8207/AD8210 for DSP based BLDC motor drives
Topics: Phase current sensing using AD8207/AD8210 for DSP based BLDC motor drives on AC Drives
Start by
Amitabha Mallik
11-02-2013 12:56 AM

Phase current sensing using AD8207/AD8210 for DSP based BLDC motor drives

I am using an AD8207 for bi-directional phase current sensing (BLDC motor drive) interfaced with MCU (5V operated). Now I have to interface the same IC with DSP (3.3V). But problem is I cannot supply 3.3V to this IC, as it will limit the Common mode voltage range to -4V to 35V from -4V to 65V.
What Analog device recommended is, supply 3.3VDC and also to make Vref+, Vref- to 3.3V and GND, which is not acceptable because of low common mode voltage range. Vice versa is also not possible, as output will be more than 5V. The only thing I can do is giving supply of 5VDC and connecting Vref+, Vref- to 3.3V for DSP application, where output voltage will be varied from 1.65V (middle point) to 3.3V and 0V under full load current.
This kind of configuration is nowhere in the datasheet of AD8207 or AD8210 datasheet/ application note I have found. But I did the simulation using pspice simulation and verified the result by downloading model from pspice. Now my concern is, will it be work in real hardware?
Please suggest me the solution. My email id: amitabha.mallik@gmail.com
Reply to Thread