AC Drive China Forum
Forum » Inverters » one frequency converter control 2 or 3 4 electric motors
Topics: one frequency converter control 2 or 3 4 electric motors on Inverters
Start by
Kensi
06-25-2012 04:30 AM

one frequency converter control 2 or 3 4 electric motors

Hello

I have 10 motors in my farm, need frequency converters to control them for electricity saving.
I'd like to know is it possible to connect 2 or 3 or 4 electric motors or pumping aggregates to on one single frequency converter?
06-25-2012 04:39 AM
Top #2
converters
06-25-2012 04:39 AM
It depends

1. if the 2/3/4 motors are working at the same time, it's no problem for most general frequency converter models, just mind the frequency converter power(kW) & current(amps) should be larger than the total power(kW) & current(amps) of all the ac motors.

2. if the 2/3/4 motors are NOT working at the same time, like A motor is working, B motor is treated as a backup motor, then you should use some special converters, normally this application is used in multi-pumps like constant pressure water supply.
06-25-2012 04:57 AM
Top #3
luis
06-25-2012 04:57 AM
Whether it is possible to realize in the frequency converter work with 3 or 4 electric motors, alternating their work on time (an electric motor - MASTER, powered by converter, and the other two electric motors work on the network - SLAVE, but with delayed on time, that can be set??? With the result that occurs by turn change between MASTER and SLAVE.
If such (mode) state of working possible, requires whether a separate installation of the expansion board with relay outputs or it is already built into the frequency converter?
06-26-2012 09:54 AM
Top #4
Jane
06-26-2012 09:54 AM
Luis

Actually most of the frequency converter can be set in parameters to control MASTER & SLAVE electric motors.
Maybe it needs a brake unit/brake resistor, but depends on you
Reply to Thread