AC Drive China Forum
Forum » General Discussion » frequency converter
Topics: frequency converter on General Discussion
Start by
hisod
06-21-2012 02:00 AM

frequency converter

We have machines with total driving power of around 150Amp. Our machines are 3 phase 50Hz and have been moved to 60Hz working area. We need a frequency converter to covert the frequency from 60Hz to 50Hz so as to operate the machines properly.

The power line supplying our factory is 150Amp. From this line we supply the individual woodworking machines we operate. These machines have a power of 5 - 7.5HP (3.5- around 5KW). The number of machines we have is around 15 machines. The motors of these machines are 50Hz/ 3phase/ 380V. The power in our new location in the country we moved to is 60Hz/ 3phase/ 230V.
We can have one or more than one converter for the machines according to the converters we find most suitable.
But we prefer to have less number of frequency converters as too many converters will get in the way of the work. Therefore, we prefer to hook more than one machine to one converter. We don't know how many we can connect to each converter and this depends on the converters you manufacture. Ideally, we prefer to have 1 or 2 converters if we can.
I hope I explained our environment and needs. is it the frequency converter suitable for this and for what process?
06-21-2012 02:17 AM
Top #2
Jine
06-21-2012 02:17 AM
Hi, the frequency converter maximum output voltage is the rated input voltage(for example, input is 230V, the maximum output is 230V or lower), you need to buy an additional transformer to convert 230V to 380V (easy installation).

First, the frequency converter converts 60Hz/3phase/230V to 50Hz/3phase/230V, and then the transformer converts 230V to 380V.
This is the general solution for the machine with higher voltage(380V) than the power supply(230V) and the hertz needs to be changed at the same time.

According to your description, I think a 4kW or 5kW converter combine with a transformer would suitable for you.

One more important thing is you need to confirm is your machines' working current is lower than the converter's.
Reply to Thread