AC Drive China Forum
Forum » General Discussion » High current in small motors » Reply Thead

Your name:

Put the result (4 * 7) in      

Start by
Tinie
06-27-2013 09:15 AM

High current in small motors

we had received a complaint of HIGH CURRENT in small motors, which are used for agitator application. And motors were getting tripped.

When i visited the site in the first instance i had look into the purity of the supply and confirmed it is ok, and then i measured the current drawing, pf and voltage and concluded there is no issue with motor as a individual component.

The main concern of the customer is motor is running at full load when we took trials on the water, but real substance which is going to come in agitator is 1.14 denser than the water. So motors will definitely run over loaded as the density is more load will be more, and all motors are going get tripped for sure as the SIMCODE relay set exactly for rated current.

Then what i concluded to the agitator manufacturer and customer that there is no issue with the motor, but agitator designer has opted for lower capacity motor, so motor rating needs to be increased.

Now you guys tell me,

1) What could be the reason?
2) Can we work out anything so that without replacing motor, it should take load of 1.15 dense material.
3) How to calculate the which rating motor is suitable for the agitator.